|NOTE: This organizer includes our Terraforming Mars Acrylic Token Set (TOK008). There is no need to purchase both products.|
It may be crowded back on Earth, but your game box doesn’t need to be. Let us help you expand to new frontiers with our organizer for Terraforming Mars. Set up and start playing faster with the system of removable trays: 5 player board replacements with built-in resource trays, 2 removable resource trays and a special tile tray. Organize your cards (sleeved or unsleeved) in a removable card “shoe” ready for drawing and discarding. Plus, take off to Mars in style with an upgraded rocket first player token, and replacement acrylic Generation, Temperature, and Oxygen Markers.
Note: The organizer and base game will allow the lid to close flush. If expansion board(s) are added there may be a small lid lift of the thickness of those boards.
Note: The base pieces of the player board trays are MDF.
- 12 removable token trays
- First Player rocket token
- Acrylic Generation, Temperature, and Oxygen markers.
- Supports sleeved cards
Outer organizer dimensions: 11.35" x 11.29" x 2.77"
For more general tips on assembly, please read our Assembly Guide.
This is a third-party accessory designed by The Broken Token. All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with The Broken Token.
This is the Product Tour of The Broken Token's Terraforming Mars Organizer compatible with Terraforming Mars by Stronghold Games. Get your kit at: http://www.thebrokentoken.com/ Music: Atlantis by Audionautix is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution license (https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by/4.0/) Artist: http://audionautix.com/
Terraforming M...This is the Product Tour of The Broken Token's Terraforming Ma...
Terraforming M...This is the Assembly Video for The Broken Token's Terraforming...
Broken Bits: S...In this episode of Broken Bits, we take a look back at the ass...
How it fits: T...In this video of How it fits, we look at The Broken Token's T...
Showing reviews 1-10 of 93 | Next
Posted by Tom on 23rd Sep 2018
Another excellent game insert from Broken. For those with all the expansions, there is a little lid lift which I believe has been mentioned. I used some of the extra throw away pieces (from frames 15A-19A) that comes with the kit to fashion a lid over the top most token tray. This makes it flush now with the extra lid lift and stops the money cubes from falling into each other. I can store my game vertically again. Maybe a little revision on the cutouts from Broken could make this a viable option without having to include a new frame.
Improves ease of play
Posted by Ryan on 22nd Jul 2018
The player boards really improve the game. The blocks stay where they should be. The other trays make setup quick and easy. Everything fits nicely in the original game box without the numerous baggies I was using before. The best feature is the player boards, but the kit as a whole has removed the tedium from the game.
Assembling the kit was straightforward. I only had to use my mallet a couple of times and all of the pieces fit snugly.
Posted by Magesmiley on 1st Jul 2018
The insert is excellent. Great storage solution that works well for quick setup. The only problem with it is if you have the Hellas/Elysium expansion you can't get the lid on square (which to be fair, is in the product description). Venus Next fits ok if you put the Venus board on top of the uppermost of the player trays (and be sure to get the Venus terraforming token too).
Be sure to look for the file on BoardGameGeek for a nice looking sheet to place in the player boards. (A trimmed down laminated page fits nicely and looks great).
use of MDF not disclosed
Posted by Michael on 27th Jun 2018
I bought this for the player boards, and before receipt bought aniline dyes to do each player board stain in the unique player color, as well as other supplies for staining and finishing the set. Unfortunately, and directly contrary to product images, and to my knowledge in a first for a BT insert, they chose to use MDF for the player board base and overlay. This is HUGELY disappointing as it will be impossible to stain the MDF in color due to it's dark tome and lack of grain. To do this properly, I'd need to stain them, then fill the etching with paint for contrast (especially for the darker player colors), then sand off the surface, but the stain just won't penetrate the MDF enough to make this work properly.
I also had the issue many complain about regarding incomplete etching, and had to have support replace 2 boards. They have already shipped them, support did this in less than a day, but I'm still highly dissapointed that I'll be unable to make these look like I intended due to t einclusion of MDF.
If there is any option to get the player based remade and re-shipped to me using their standard biurch product, I'm all ears, but I;d need to know that ASAP as I plan to start putting this together in a day or two. I'm working on the other components of the insert in the meantime.
RESPONSE: We are sorry for the lack of disclosure, I assure you this was not done to be secretive merely an oversight on our part. Thanks to your feedback we have updated the listing. We did have some concerns early on with the staining and put together this video to help people with this project https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DoyxPwtMGy8 We started making the boards out of Birch first run and we had manufacturing issues and concerns over the trays warping and made the call to solve those problems with the use of MDF. It's true we rarely use it and regret not being more transparent about it with this kit. I have responded to your help ticket to see if we can resolve this issue.
Almost Perfect! ....but...
Posted by Nick on 25th Jun 2018
This organizer gets a few things incredibly right. However, there are aspects that hurt the overall quality of the insert.
1) The insert works well and greatly decreases set up and break down time.
2) The two tile/currency holders make the game so much better as each side of the table has access to resources. They could be slightly bigger, but they work fine enough.
3) Even after adding the expansion boards the contents still fit with a slight lid raise. This may bother some, but it's absolutely nothing a box band-it can't fix.
1) I wanted so much to love the wooden player boards... but as some have also expressed, the inconsistency in the branding/engraving is awfully inconsistent. I have one board that is deeply engraved, 2 that are medium with lighter/shallow areas, and one that is pretty lightly engraved. The format of the board is perfect and functionally sound....the branding/envraving is sloppy. They use a different material for the boards that is thicker and sturdy. I don't have an issue with this difference. I would recommend printing a template from Board Game Geek on photo paper and inserting it in the player board.
2) The player boards are stacked in the box and each have a small lip around the boarder. This is how the player cubes are stored.... it kind of sucks. It's not a huge deal but the lip is a little awkward and the cubes on the top board can get loose in the box. It's more of an annoyance than Anything. You may consider baggies or a rubber band-it to get that lid nice and tight.
RESPONSE: I'm sorry you had some boards that weren't consistent...We are happy to replace parts that don't make you thrilled when you open your kit. what concerns me is that your cubes are moving around in your box. The lips are designed to nest and should keep all those cubes in place... I have personally done the shake test on several boxes and not had a single cube out of place. It makes me wonder if something is off on the boards or the fit isn't tight enough once you put the game boards on top even the top board cubes should stay in place. Either way I'd love to figure that out with you because the thought of baggies makes us shiver. Anytime any of our products do not meet your expectations please put in a ticket on our website and we are happy to work with you to solve the issues. Thank you for taking the time to give us valuable feedback and a detailed review, we really appreciate it! Aminda - TBT Customer Support
Beautiful product, but has inconsistencies
Posted by Ky Graff on 23rd Jun 2018
This product does everything I expected it to. It organizes my game, cuts setup time in half, and makes my friend group envious. I was truly impressed at the ingenuity of its design. The pros by far outweigh the cons, as it is a fantastic product.
However, its shortcomings are in its production:
1) The player boards are made out of MDF (modern density fiberboard), and the rest of the kit is birch wood. I believe the reasoning behind this so the player boards won't warp as easily. If you plan on staining your organizer like I did (Sedona Red, its gorgeous), be prepared to deal with the pain on getting an even stain on the MDF.
2) The engraving on the player boards are far from consistent. There are some boards where it is easy to see the engravings for the various currencies, and some boards where they are feint. Staining helped this.
3) Be prepared to have some parts significantly darker than other parts. This goes for parts of the kit as well as player boards. Every sheet was a significantly different shade.
4) Some parts were sanded against the grain of the wood. Not the biggest deal, but can effect how the stain takes, should you want to stain it.
5) Lastly, the acrylic tokens are a huge upgrade. However, the box they are stored in is about a 1/16" too short. Not all of the tokens sit evenly in the box. One of the edges of the bases always has to be resting on another because the size of the box is just barely too small.
All-in-all, I absolutely love this product. The above cons are just nit-picked, and should only matter to those with the highest attention to detail, such as myself. If you're on the fence about this product, order it now. It is worth every penny.
Posted by Unknown on 12th May 2018
I have over a dozen Broken Token organizers and they are all excellent. But this organizer has the most dramatic effect on gameplay that I've seen so far. The player trays are outstanding. They clean up the table nicely, but more importantly they keep all resource production cubes in their correct places without the worries of bumping or sliding that accompany the original player mats. I recommend looking on boardgamegeek for a player tray insert that you can print, laminate, and place in the base of the Broken Token trays. They add a lot of color and make the trays look gorgeous. I also like that the cubes are all stored in the trays, which are then stored directly in the box. There is no placing the cubes in some separate storage container that you later need to sort out. Just open the box, hand someone a tray, and you are most of the way ready to play. I had originally purchased the Meeple Realty organizer, but I found it lacking in several ways. In my opinion, this Broken Token organizer is superior in every way.
Very nice organizer, although the assembly itself could be done better.
Posted by Unknown on 9th May 2018
The organizer in itself is very nice, it's pretty nice that it fits neatly into the game's box. The assembly in itself could be done a bit better though, at least in my opinion, because sometimes the pieces required wood glue (not provided) to fix looser parts together, and other times the pieces were too tight and they splintered (happened around 4-5 times for the whole assembly, which is not that big of an issue).
Not bad, but could be better
Posted by Eric on 2nd May 2018
When I originally bought TM Broken Token hadn’t yet produced a storage solution for the game. At that time there’s was a hack solution using the Imperial Settlers storage kit as a stand in. This solution worked great, had lots of extra space, was quick to assemble, but required some cutting to allow the board to fit properly.
I discovered this just recently and decided to give it a try out of curiosity. I actually find that I prefer the imperial settler’s solution to this one. There’s a couple reasons for this:
1) Storage for the tokens is a poor fit, particularly the colored player tokens. The IS boxes worked better than the goofy spaces provided in this kit.
2) A lot of the space is taken up with the player trays that replace the player cards. I think these could be done in a much more elegant way that would save space for other uses.
3) The board still doesn’t quite fit in the box correctly. The board sits too high in the box for the lid to fit down properly.
4) There’s more than enough space in the box for the expansions, but this insert was clearly not designed with that in mind. Something to be aware of if you were hoping for a way to store all your TM parts together.
At the end of the day this kit gets the job done, which is why it gets a three. With some careful planning in the layout I think a much more efficient design could be created. As is, it barely meets the most basic requirements.
Posted by Unknown on 1st May 2018
The only downside that is expressed in the directions is you might want to purchase some wood glue because some of the pieces can be lose and for long term wear it is an added help. But overall this is worth the money. it is so much more fun to play with all the added parts. This is a weekly game we play and just having all of these working parts just completely adds to the game. Now every time we purchase a new game we see what type of organization is available because it is so worth the experience.
Showing reviews 1-10 of 93 | Next