Rising Sun: Daimyo Collection Organizer
The Daimyo Collection Organizer includes everything from the Core Box Organizer and an additional 8 trays to organize the Kickstarter Exclusive Daimyo box and add-ons and expansions.
Consists of 19 removable trays: 8 identical clan trays that hold everything you need for each clan and feature miniature slots labeled for daimyo, shinto, and bushi minis so there’s no guessing where each one goes. The clan tray bin holds all the clans alliance token, stronghold tokens, clan markers and monster bases. The trays can fit the Kickstarter exclusive upgraded strongholds and alliance tokens. Except the upgraded Turtle clan strongholds which are stored with the Kami shrine tiles in a separate tray. The 4 large monster trays feature the same acrylic spring clips to keep the minis in place. They are also labeled with the monster’s names and numbers on the bottom of their bases for quick and easy clean up. An additional small monster tray holds minis as well as monster cards. A single tray holds all the Kami Unbound miniatures and the cards. The 7 Lucky Gods have their own tray as well. The adjustable season card tray gives you the option to sort your cards by season or symbol set. The battle tray holds the political mandate tiles, political/war tiles, war province and war number tokens, this tray also supports the Kickstarter upgraded political mandate tiles and war number plastic flags.
NOTE: There will be 9-13mm of lid lift depending on whether installed in Base and Daiymo boxes separately, or stacked in a combined box (see photos).
This is an officially licensed box organizer compatible with Rising Sun by CMON, LLC.
CMON, LLC, Rising Sun and their logos are trademarks of CMON, LLC, 1290 Old Alpharetta Rd, Alpharetta, GA 30005. www.CMON.com
- 12.32" x 12.32" x 8.70"
- 6.3 lbs
- Holds Rising Sun base game and the following expansions:
- Rising Sun: Daimyo Box
- Rising Sun: Dynasty Invasion
- Rising Sun: Dynasty Invasion
- Rising Sun: Kami Unbound
- Rising Sun: Monster Pack
Complex but Worth It
So glad to get this organizer, as I was finding it difficult to get this game to the table (and clear it off) without it. I own quite a few of The Broken Token's organizers at this point, and this is by far their most ambitious, as well as their most complicated to assemble - wood glue is a MUST on this one, not a suggestion.
The new, plastic pieces that hold the minis are a bit brittle, and some arrived damaged; however, customer service was extremely responsive and set replacements right away - some of the best service I've ever received.
All in all, I am extremely pleased with this product - I have some of the competitor's organizers, and every time I get a Broken Token I am struck by how much more creative they are with their medium. This is no exception. They have taken a beast of a game, with tons of components, and provided a solution that quickly gets everything in play and put away. It's a must for this game IMO. Great job!
Box Lid Lifted
Let’s start off with some positives! Wow this is quite the insert! Lots of components and they have (almost) found a way to fit them all! Everything is well labeled by both number and name so there’s no question which mini goes where.
However, I am disappointed that the lid gets lifted on the Daimyo box and it wasn’t mentioned in the description. You can see it if you’re paying attention to image 2 but it’s pretty hard to see on my iPhone. This may seem like a pretty small deal but I travel quite a bit with my games and I’m not sure how well it will stack or how well it will hold up. Had I known I probably would have upgraded to the crate and called it a day. Bummed out that it wasn’t mentioned and wish there was a crate upgrade. I also had a defect that made it through quality where an acrylic piece was etched but not cut out. They were quick to replace it but it’s really annoying to pay such a premium for the product only to have to wait for it.
Not perfect, but close enough
by Bill Lewis
I've always preferred reviews that are willing to talk about flaws and if they matter. Spoiler, I gave this a five star because the flaws are minor or incidental.
- The word 'Phoenix' is misspelled. However, every model has an engraved label with name of the model and many have the model number as well. This makes packing up extremely intuitive and quick.
- There are a LOT of parts and a few of them are easy to assemble incorrectly. However, just make sure you dry fit the *entire* section before gluing. If a label is hidden, you've probably done something wrong. I had to rebuild two sections because I had reversed something earlier on. That was purely human error.
- There are a LOT of parts. I highly recommend having an entire table to spread out every section in order, so that you're not having to guess what part goes where. Just be patient, follow the instructions, and only pull pieces as you need them.
- The combined system only fits into the main box with about .3" of overlap between the cover and base. However, they fit into two boxes (main and daimyo) just fine. I am currently putting the main components in the main box and all the expansions in the daimyo, rather than having a single megabox, but it is nice to have the option.
- The new plastic clips can have issues. I had one break (Ryujin) the very first time I put a fig into it. However, that was easily fixed with a touch of super glue and it works fine now. Plus, the plastic clips are great for holding the figs in a way that protects your paintjob.
- Several models are stored upside down or sideways. However, they're also stored in a way that protects any painting and I can't see any way everything could have fit with a different orientation.
- The pattern is not quite as tight as other products I've gotten from them, in that some cuts had micrometer offsets between start and finish. However, that was easily fixed with a hobby knife, some sandpaper, and some wood glue.
Overall, I'm very happy with my purchase and would recommend it to anyone looking for a quality storage solution for this game.
A complete storage solution for the collector
This is hands down the best game organizer that I've built to date. It was fairly laborious to assemble as I glue all joints, but it was worth it. It stores the game, expansions, and extras beautifully. I would recommend the organizer to anyone who owns the game.
by Mark Westbrook
Before using this organizer, set up took 4 of us up to 20 minutes. With the organizer, this was cut to less than 5, and we didn't have to dig through layers of plastic to get the minis we needed! Now it's just pull out the tray you need and go.
The trays fit back into the boxes in multiple ways, so its easy to put away too! Not a puzzle.
The instructions are easy to follow. This was my first, and I had no trouble. The pieces are well cut and easy to identify. The parts fit is very precise - so you will need a soft mallet to tap them into place fully. And since you will now be playing the game more often - you will want to use small dabs of glue to strengthen the joints.
Overall a great organizer set!
Stylish insert - So much easier than original plastic trays
I'm very happy with my insert, and found it does make the pack up and down much easier, also the managing of monsters during game play.
I ended up staining my one, and colour coded each clan to match, so they all really stand out well when packed into the box.
There are many parts to assemble, but I really enjoyed the process of making it all, and was almost sad when done, as had none left to build.
I would recommend however to use a craft knife and give the tiny joining tab a helping cut before twisting out, my first couple triggered tiny splinters along the tab.
Over all the organizer is OK but I have to say it probably my least favorite one I have gotten from Broken Token. Some of the parts were ridiculously small and monster trays were a bit of a pain to put together. One of the plastic clips for the Kami broke as soon as I used it. The dragonfly clan does not fit in the tray very well neither does the earth dragon. Some of the trays have extra slots for cards which seem to be superfluous. Over all it works but it felt like they needed a bit more time to work on it.
RESPONSE: Sorry for some of the issues you had. Please contact us here https://www.thebrokentoken.com/contact-us/ so we can replace any broken parts. Also want to make sure you found our how it fits video and if that helped with the fit at all.
by Troy Osman
I really like this insert, it's pretty, and it gives you the ability to put the game into a single box, by combining the game box and the Daimyo box, however I found splitting all the clan pieces into the Daimyo box and then all the monsters into the main box, saves me a bit of extra time with setup. Mostly because I can have my friends fish through the Daiymo box and choose their clans, while I work on setting up the season cards and monsters for the game.
This may be worth taking one star off my review, but personally I'm pleased; but you need to be careful with the way the miniatures clip into the insert as some minis have clothing that can put too much pressure on the clips. I think this is what happened with my original clip for Hachiman, but thanks to the Broken Token support team, they sent me a replacement piece within a few days, and I've had no problems with it since.