There's a traitor in your midst, and they don't even know it yet. Focus your attention on the game (instead of a bunch of baggies) when you own the Betrayer’s Organizer from the Broken Token, compatible with Betrayal at House on the Hill and Betrayal at Baldur's Gate by Avalon Hill. Nine removable trays keep your box from being the spookiest part of the game. Explore the unknown with ease with the vertical tile tray. A card holder with draw and discard slots supports sleeved cards. Three trays organize your monster, event, room, item, obstacle, and trait/quest tokens. Two trays hold character components; one holds the miniatures and character tokens, the other the character cards and our custom trait clips. The last two trays hold the rule-books, haunt roll tracker, and over-sized starting tiles, and the dice and spare clips.
NOTE: We've been informed that there are different Betrayal on House on the Hill game boxes. See box measurement note below.
This product is a kit that requires assembly. We recommend the use of wood glue (sold separately)
This is a third-party accessory designed by The Broken Token. All product names are trademarks of their respective owners, which are in no way associated or affiliated with The Broken Token.
- 10.22" x 10.25" x 3.28"
- 2.3 lbs
Due to manufacturing, printing, and edition differences box sizes can vary and may not be compatible with the version our kits were designed for. Please measure the bottom inside of your game box to confirm fit for the organizer dimensions listed above.
- Widow's Walk
Well Thought out Insert/Organizer with Excellent Customer Service
by Bernard Ong
I definitely like how the trays were nicely designed, and i will try to point out some of the pros and cons here. This review is for the Betrayal at the House on the Hill with the Widow's Walk expansion.
1) The Item/Omen/Event tray is well designed, allows you to put the discarded cards under the tray as a placeholder. Very well thought out and keeps all the cards in one place.
2) The Tile Holder is another excellent design that illustrates the atmosphere of the game itself, Like the Item/Omen/Event Tray, allows you to put the tiles in another level as a way to show that these tiles were ignored on certain floors. I also like the ability to move the shelves that came with the placeholder to any height i want, just in case i want to raise the shelf higher or lower.
3) Excellent use of space and boxes. All boxes were designed to hold the books, tokens and character cards. The engravings on the boxes def speeds up the cleaning process when the game is over.
4) Great addition of the clips that held on to the character cards neatly and doesn't shake loose. Better than using the original clips that came with the game.
Dislikes (very minor):
1) Although I like the Tile Building, but I had a feeling that it was designed to hold the original Betrayal Tiles as you can't really put any of the ignored tiles from both the Original game and the Expansion at the bottom. Granted, I can move the shelves however I want, it would had been a delight if the placeholder could accommodation both the original tiles and the expansion, but I understand that Broken Token had limited box space to work with.
2) The clips that came with the broken token originally didn't fit the character cards at all and one of them was broken. Turned out that these clips were not correctly manufactured and broken token has graciously replaced the clips for free with no additional charge. The new clips that arrived worked really well. If you had received the clips that are still loose, please let broken token know. There is a chance that you may have gotten the better clips.
3) With the Expansion, a lot of the little room/event tokens are very similar in shape. Having the shapes engraved in the boxes were really helpful but I was unsure of what tokens placed in what box. Maybe a little more detail would had helped. For example Plant tokens (from the expansion) were plentiful and I wasn't sure which part of the trays would distinguish them further.
4) It didn't come with its own Turn Marker. This is not a huge issue because i could use one of the unused clips that BrokenToken has provided.
This is one of the better inserts for this game and I really like how the Item/Omen/Event Tray as well as the Tile Tray really work. With the way it is designed and set up, it is really rare for me to set up the game, when most of the trays are ready to go and play. The only time anything needs to be set up is to select your character card, character token, clips and set the starting tiles. If you are like me, I usually shuffle the cards after every game and place them back into the trays,ready for the next session.
I would recommend anyone buying this insert if you are an avid fan of this game and plays this often.
BIND DEM SPIRITS
by Chris Tannhauser
Makes setup and breakdown a snap! Most importantly, it makes the midgame "Haunt fumble" quick and simple, rather than having to sift through an achaeology of baggies to find all the right bits. A must-have for fans of the game.
One of the Best Inserts I've Ever Used
by Brandon Rankin
Seriously, it's one of the best inserts ever. The laser etching/burning on the pieces make the sorting of pieces very easy to use. I also always love when the compartments can be pulled out and used as trays during gameplay, and this insert has a bunch of those. Plus the room stack's house motif is a great touch. I don't think I could have thought of anything to improve upon here. Incredibly well done.
Don't be betrayed by your box anymore.
by Thomas Hotz
Fantastic. A Place for every piece, easy and fast setup. We were playing before we knew it. I no longer have to rummage through all tokens to find a blessing, which this organizer is. After just two games, I would not want to play without it.
My only regret: Add a marker for the haunt counter so I can get rid of all those useless black clips.
Good insert with a few issues
by Cody Blaschke
Overall this is a good insert with a few issues:
1) If you sleeve your cards with the Mayday "Dwarf King" French Tarot size sleeves like I did, they will NOT fit in the card tray. I had to take off the sleeves to make them fit.
2) The acrylic character tile clips that come with this insert look good but are very loose on the character tiles. They will certainly move around accidentally during the coarse of the game.
Other than those two things I am happy with this insert. I bought two of them, one for BaHotH and one for BaBG. It works well for both.
Response: The loose acrylic clips were a manufacturing error on one of the batches. Feel free to contact us for replacements.
Feels so.... adult.
by Joel McCulla
You know that feeling you get when the house is tidied, and you've got everything sorted, you've arranged some trendy nick knacks on the shelf to emulate a trendy scene you saw in a catalogue...
...now that feeling can fit in you Betrayal box.
The instruction and construction are simple and the pieces are a perfect fit. (Just before reviewing I read that they've fixed the clips up and replace ones that are loose).
The tile dispenser is fun and makes game play easier. Having discard shelves for the card holder is also an amazing touch.
Brilliant product that is perfectly thought out, I now love to just pack and unpack my games ;-)
(Bought for both Betrayal and Baldur)
by Laura Grant
This is a really great system. Individual places for all the game components, and it fits perfectly into the box.
Finally all those little components have a home!
I have been hoping for this forever! I preordered within an hour of announcement and it did not disappoint. The biggest issue for me with betrayal is finding all the pieces for certain haunts, events m, etc. This looks beautiful wiht the house that holds the cards and in typical broke token fashion is amazing quality. Love it and a must buy!
Perfectly designed for any betrayed players...
This design is absolutely perfect! We were storing all of our bits in plastic bead organizers - we're so happy to have such an ideal replacement! The material is sturdy, durable, and smells nice and woody. We will definitely purchase more organizers in the future! Furthermore, everyone was kind and easy to work with when I had questions.
Was on the fence, but this won me over
Honestly, I was questioning whether or not to get this as I haven't had much trouble with Betrayal unlike some of my other games. But then after spending maybe 5 mins looking for a Secret Stairs token, I decided this would be worth it (can't even imagine trying to get demons or slime in such chaos!) Building it took maybe an hour or so, but that's because almost everything is a removable component! All of the items are also themed to the game! The room tiles are in a mansion all their own and the card component has a cool design matching the cards!
One thing to note! I didn't see it mentioned in the instructions, but there are 6 different items that are slightly colored that are meant to be clips for the characters! Just realized this looking at the images here and rushed out to my trash to pick them out LOL
I feel betrayed that I didn't buy this sooner.
Build: Assembly instructions are easy to follow. All you'll need is a rubber mallet or similar. Glue is recommended but not needed; the pieces fit so snugly you'd have to try to pull it apart. It's not going to fall apart by itself. Solid build. Satisfying to assemble.
Organizer: The insert has spots for everything which is important for Betrayal as you likely won't need most of the pieces in any given game. Not having shared compartments makes finding the bits you need for a given Betrayal scenario easy. Your game won't grind to a halt as you dig through dozens of pieces for that lone token you need. The organizer makes setup and cleanup a breeze. When you're done all the organizer nests neatly in the original box. Well designed all around.
My one knock is the acrylic stat sliders that came with mine are too big and fall right off the character cards. But that's a minor gripe; if I could give 4.9 stars I would.
Verdict: Great organizer, easy to assemble, solid build. Well done.
RESPONSE: What a great and thorough review, we really appreciate the feedback! As for the sliders, they should not fall off, contact us to resolve that issue, we'll feel betrayed if you don't let us make this a 5 :D https://www.thebrokentoken.com/contact-us
TBT Customer Support
A great organizer that won't betray you!
by Eric Jack
Betrayal at Baldur’s Gate had a plastic insert in the box, but it is not all that great. If you wanted everything nicely organized you needed a good insert solution.
Well, this is the GOOD insert solution. I've built wooden inserts for every game I own that has one available. So yes, lots of Broken Token inserts, and a couple other brands too. In my opinion, BT makes the best of the bunch. I always use glue to make the inserts as secure and durable as possible, and I would recommend you do the same.
This insert is well-designed, assembles easily, has good instructions, and holds everything from either Baldur’s Gate or House on the Hill in an organized fashion, and it also holds sleeved cards if you use them. It makes game set-up and tear-down a snap. And I can store my box vertically on the shelf without worry of pieces going everywhere.
RESPONSE: Hey Eric! Thanks for the great and thorough reviews! We really appreciate the support and the feedback from all your reviews. But most importantly, thanks for being part of the family :D
Bling that cardboard!
There are games that beg to be organized. From set up, to play, to tear down - there are just some games that don’t get played as much because of the extra time it takes to accomplish these things. Betrayal at House on the Hill is definitely one of those and this is the organizer to accomplish the task. We’ve enjoyed bringing this to the table. And Broken Token organizers usually have an extra little design element that add to the table appeal of a game. Keep up the good work!