show / hide sidebar
Become a Part of The Broken Token Team! (Position Filled 9/2015)
(This position has been filled. You can still email us your resume and cover letter at any time to be contacted when we have open positions that fit your experience and career goals.)
The Broken Token, a leader in the board game organizers and accessories market, is hiring a Shipping Associate at our Escondido (San Diego), California headquarters.
Job Title: Shipping Associate
Location: Escondido, California
Start Date: Immediately Upon Hire
Our Shipping Associates make sure our products arrive quickly and safely to their new owners. They are responsible for getting customer orders packed, labeled and shipped in a timely manner. They help maintain the shipping department, warehouse inventory, and other duties as assigned.
We’re looking for someone who is eager to be a part of a fast-paced team. The ideal candidate will be flexible, and show a willingness to learn new things. Experience working in a shipping department is a plus. Interest in tabletop gaming is an added bonus!
- Is part-time (25-30 hours a week), with potential to become full-time at a later date.
- Is First Shift (morning through afternoon).
- Requires lifting up to 50 lbs, and walking/standing for more than 4 hours a day.
- Have great communication skills and work well with a team.
- Have basic computer skills.
- Be competent with basic math skills, and possess the ability to calculate weights, prices, and measurements.
- Be able to work independently and, after training, follow through on duties with minimal direction.
- Learning our products and shipping standard operating procedures (SOPs)
- Using knowledge of our SOPs to determine most economical and efficient shipping method, and appropriate shipping container
- Using computer hardware and software to process orders and generate labels
- Ensuring that products processed for shipping are delegated to correct courier
- Maintaining and organizing shipping supply inventory
- Assisting with product inventory control and maintaining inventory records
- Performing daily and weekly cleaning of shipping department according to SOPs
- Working with supervisor and other departments to keep operations running smoothly
- Assisting in others departments as needed
- Performing other duties as assigned
Interested applicants, please email a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
The Broken Token is an equal opportunity employer and will not discriminate against any employee or applicant on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, national origin, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any classification protected by federal, state, or local law.